I believe every student has a different musical background, strengths and weaknesses, and most importantly – different musical goals and aspirations. I make it my job to shape the concepts and materials covered in private drum lessons to achieve these milestones by firstly assessing the skill level of the student and then working out a schedule based on the initial consultation. As a result, Each student will receive a bespoke lesson structure as I find this to be the best way of achieving great results for the individual.
Topics covered in lessons may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Play along to your favourite songs asap
- Develop a solid groove, a good feel and a strong sense of time.
- Improve your reading skills.
- Learn how to sight read.
- Become proficient at soloing.
- Improve your stick control.
- Study matched and/or traditional grip.
- Become proficient at playing with a click track.
- Develop recording skills and know what to do in a recording studio environment.
- Learn how to tune your drums.
- Acquire a better understanding of song form.
- Develop a more musical approach to drumming.
- Expand your proficiency in different drumming styles including: rock, funk, jazz, blues, latin, reggae and big band.
Learning the drums has huge benefits for a multitude of skills and wellbeing. A few examples of this are below.
- Increases self expression
- Relieves stress
- Sharpens your concentration
- Exposes you to cultural history & backgrounds
- Increases responsibility
- Improves reading & comprehension
- Betters your mathematical ability
- Enhances coordination
- Teaches perseverance
- Boosts Team Skills
- Refines time management & organisational skills
- Increases the capacity of your memory
- Creates a sense of achievement
- Promotes social skills
- Develops listening skills
- Teaches discipline
- Elevates performance skills and reduces stage freight
- Promotes happiness
I am a registered teacher with Rockschool Exams therefore if you wish to gain qualifications whilst learning, you can. I am proud to say I have a 100% pass rate on exams, from over 14 years of teaching.
Whilst I don’t tie anybody in to having a certain amount of lessons I do ask for 48 Hours notice for cancellations, or the lesson fee will be charged.
If you would like drum lessons or would like some more information or advice, please get in touch here.